Webinar Impressions: How to Use Data To Improve Business Performance - Best Practices, Volume 2
This Tuesday we hosted the last webinar for the year! Our moderator, Aleksandra Radujko, Human Value Manager at Emakina RS, took it upon herself to make the whole process a little bit more fun, while still maintaining the educational aspect. Our amazing guests, Tamara Jokanović from Represent Communications and Ivana Canić from Strauss Adriatic, shared their company’s experiences in implementing data analytics in the People department. To find out more about their best practices, continue reading!
To watch the whole webinar, visit our YouTube channel.
Here are the questions we asked and our guests’ answers:
Q: How did HeartCount help you and what other numbers do you use in your work?
- Ivana: Besides the general numbers that all companies follow, we also measure the turnover rate in the first year, engagement rate and many other things. HeartCount brought a different type of numbers into perspective, so now we can see what’s happening within our company timely and in more detail. Shortly, it shows what might be the cause of a certain problem and what is the adequate solution. Numbers help us focus our energy on things that matter more efficiently.
- Tamara: We managed to get insights into what bothers people the most. Due to the Covid-19 situation, we had to find a way to stay connected. And that’s what HeartCount helped us do. It was one place where we all “met”.
Q: What is the biggest benefit of using data for you?
- Tamara: For us, it’s definitely the fact that we can get a closer look into each of our employees' emotional and mental state at work. Why someone feels bad, if they have enough energy for day-to-day activities, and similar. In moments like this, it’s very important to notice change early and react as soon as possible before it turns into something bigger and more complex. Of course, at first we weren’t sure about the response rate and how people would react. The industry we’re in is pretty specific and the fluctuation of employees can be a big problem. Also the scope of work sometimes leaves us with no time to talk to people directly. Now it’s simply not an option to say that we didn’t know. We can always find out what bothers them and there are no excuses for not doing it on time.
- Ivana: I have to agree with Tamara on this one - there is no excuse. HeartCount tool gives as an opportunity to act timely. You get to see what’s happening on a weekly basis. Of course, we also weren’t sure how people would feel about using the tool due to the specifics of our industry. But it turned out that the people who we thought might dislike it ended up using it the most. When it comes to data, it’s not just about what’s not working and what’s bad — it’s also about reflecting on the things we did well. It’s a communication channel in a way, and it leaves people enough space to share their suggestions with us. Also, it leaves employees no space to say that they didn't have a chance to express their thoughts. So, no excuses both ways.
Q: What’s your experience with team reports?
- Tamara: We also have a variety of different teams. We thought the PR team would be the most active one, considering the nature of their job. But we also wanted the rest of the teams to get involved. Designers, translators, and other teams that didn’t work from our offices. Giving those people a chance to share their thoughts on the one hand, and giving us an opportunity to connect with them, on the other hand. It definitely helped me understand the climate in each team, without having any previous experience working in those fields.
- Ivana: Team reports are really important for us. We see the biggest benefit of HeartCount in its ability to monitor how our new leaders are doing, especially because of the responsibility that comes with this role. HeartCount is an opportunity for us to help them.
It would only be fair to stop here, and empower you to head over to our YouTube channel to watch the webinar and find out more interesting facts about how data can enable you to nurture a good company culture.
*The webinar is in Serbian